Our exceptional kindergarten and preschool program provides every opportunity to prepare your child for a positive start to their schooling years. Here our educators strike a balance between child-initiated and teacher-led activities.
While still focusing on attentive care and play-based learning, our educators will foster your child’s natural desire to engage with educational programs for life. We deliver a School Readiness program that specialises in allowing your child to slowly adapt to the new school environment socially, emotionally and mentally before they even arrive. This program teaches the children a variety of literacy and numeracy skills, including how to write their names, identification of simple numbers and shapes, recognition skills, such as identifying their school bags, and a range of communications skills, tools and tactics.
A preschooler's day at Papilio Yarralumla might look something like this:
- Early morning - Family grouping in the Junior Preschool room, free play and choice from the open shelving
- Mid morning - Morning Tea, planned or spontaneous activities, group time - book reading
- Midday - Lunch, outdoor and indoor program
- Early afternoon - Afternoon Tea, children's story time, music and movement
- Late afternoon - Outdoor program, family grouping in junior preschool room
School Readiness Starts Here
Your child deserves the best start in early education. The Papilio School Readiness program is design within the Early Year Learning Framework and approved preschool curriculum. Our school readiness classrooms are run by qualified educational childhood teachers to help your child reach their full potential now and in the future.
Our weekly programs will have activities that helps develop their literacy, numeracy and academic skills, physical wellbeing, build on their confidence and make the most of their individual interests.
Weekly programs includes:
- Daily workbook time (developing their handwriting and reading abilities)
- Arts & crafts
- Language class
- Gardening and sustainability
- Sporting activity every Friday
To see our kindergarten rooms, book a tour at our centre. Alternatively, please call 1800 CHILD CARE for more information.